MyTax.DC.gov, the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) new tax portal will begin to replace eTSC in November 2016 offering all the benefits of the existing system, along with a host of new functionalities. MyTax.DC.gov will make paying and filing taxes in the District easier, simpler and more efficient than ever before. The initial application will include individual, franchise and withholding taxes as well as registration for businesses. Other taxes and fees will remain in eTSC until they are converted to the new integrated tax system over the next 2 ½ years. eTSC and MyTax.DC.gov will be cross linked for taxpayers needing to perform multiple transactions for converted and non-converted taxes.
- User friendly and fewer clicks to process returns electronically.
- Faster access to web profile.
- Allows taxpayers to be self-sufficient online; can do everything on their own.
- Eliminates the middleman and will decrease the need to call customer service.
- Businesses will have enhanced capabilities to file returns including scheduling advanced payments.
- Refund link to view refund and return status available.
- Able to store bank accounts for multiple accounts, as well as use credit cards to make payments.
- Able to make quick payments without logging into system.
- Able to schedule payments.
- Able to submit requests for new accounts.
- Able to create a master login and add users to accounts.
- Allows third parties to access accounts with permission from taxpayers/account administrators.
- Able to update account information (i.e., mailing address, authorized users, etc.)
- Web feature which allows taxpayers to ask questions online and receive a quick response from customer service (two-way communication).
MyTax.DC.gov will first address business functions for franchise taxes and withholding tax including registration. Individual Income Tax functions will be live in January, and Sales and Use taxes will be live in October, 2017. OTR will provide specific updates on the development of MyTax.DC.gov within the next few weeks.