- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- Paperless Option Will Be Available in MyTax.DC.gov Starting November
- DC Office of Tax and Revenue to Hold Its 2017 Real Property Tax Sale Beginning Monday, July 17
- Coming November 2017 in MyTax.DC.gov – Sales and Use Tax Filing
- OTR to Host Business Taxation Webinar June 22 at 1 p.m.
- OTR Launches New Online Payment Agreement Application
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: March 2017
With less than one week remaining, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds District property owners who believe their proposed 2018 assessments do not reflect market value that the deadline to file an appeal is Monday, April 3, 2017. … Continue reading
As the peak of the 2017 tax filing season approaches, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) would like to remind District residents of the services available to file their individual income tax returns. Tax Forms and Free Tax Prep … Continue reading
Note: Today, the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia wrote the following press release informing District residents of the scams to avoid for the 2017 tax season. Attorney General Racine Reminds Residents of ‘Seven Scams to Avoid’ … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) revoked the sales and use tax certificate of urban eatery Fast Gourmet located at 1400 W Street, NW. Failure to pay an obligation amounting to more than $330,000 of sales tax collected … Continue reading
(Washington, DC) — The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) announced that it has begun to mail Tax Year 2018 assessment notices to all real property owners in the District of Columbia. A total of 198,956 taxable and exempt real … Continue reading