- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- Reminder: Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes at MyTax.DC.gov
- Do You Owe District Taxes? Apply Now for a Payment Agreement Online.
- Effective October 29, 8 New Tax Types Will be Available at MyTax.DC.gov
- Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes Online at MyTax.DC.gov
- Starting Tomorrow, May 2 You Can File and Pay Estate Tax Returns at MyTax.DC.gov
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: March 2017
With less than one week remaining, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds District property owners who believe their proposed 2018 assessments do not reflect market value that the deadline to file an appeal is Monday, April 3, 2017. … Continue reading
As the peak of the 2017 tax filing season approaches, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) would like to remind District residents of the services available to file their individual income tax returns. Tax Forms and Free Tax Prep … Continue reading
Note: Today, the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia wrote the following press release informing District residents of the scams to avoid for the 2017 tax season. Attorney General Racine Reminds Residents of ‘Seven Scams to Avoid’ … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) revoked the sales and use tax certificate of urban eatery Fast Gourmet located at 1400 W Street, NW. Failure to pay an obligation amounting to more than $330,000 of sales tax collected … Continue reading
(Washington, DC) — The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) announced that it has begun to mail Tax Year 2018 assessment notices to all real property owners in the District of Columbia. A total of 198,956 taxable and exempt real … Continue reading