- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- Reminder: Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes at MyTax.DC.gov
- Do You Owe District Taxes? Apply Now for a Payment Agreement Online.
- Effective October 29, 8 New Tax Types Will be Available at MyTax.DC.gov
- Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes Online at MyTax.DC.gov
- Starting Tomorrow, May 2 You Can File and Pay Estate Tax Returns at MyTax.DC.gov
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: April 2017
As today is the filing deadline, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) would like to remind District taxpayers of the quick payment options available to pay any amount owed from their taxes. OTR’s web tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov provides the … Continue reading
As a final reminder, today, April 18 is the tax filing deadline. The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds District residents who are unable to file their individual income tax returns by today’s deadline may apply for an extension … Continue reading
Here are some of the more common yet easily avoidable mistakes to avoid when filing your District individual income tax return. Failure to complete the tax return Failure to enter your complete and/or correct Social Security number Failure to double … Continue reading
Message from Keith Richardson, Deputy Chief Financial Officer Hi, I am Keith Richardson, Deputy Chief Financial Officer with the Office of Tax and Revenue and I want to remind you, the residents of the District of Columbia, that a week … Continue reading
With eight days left until the April 18 deadline to file the District of Columbia individual income tax return, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds District residents of the DC EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit). According to the DC … Continue reading
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds District residents that the deadline to file their individual income tax returns is two weeks away and of the services available to file their returns. Tax Forms and Free Tax Prep Assistance … Continue reading