- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- DC Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) – Do You Qualify?
- Reminder: You Can File and Pay Your Sales and Use Tax Return Without Logging in to MyTax.DC.gov until January 29
- 2018 Tax Filing Season Readiness: MyTax.DC.gov
- Income Tax Filing Season Begins on January 29
- Statement on Prepayment of Real Property Taxes
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: October 2017
We are one day away from launching sales and use, specialized sales, and street vendor/mobile food services taxes in MyTax.DC.gov. We want to recap what you should know in order to be ready to fulfill your tax obligations. Do you have … Continue reading
With two days to go until the launch of the Sales and Use, Specialized Sales, and Street Vendor/Mobile Food Services taxes in MyTax.DC.gov, we want to share with you the updated MyTax.DC.gov Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link that will provide … Continue reading
As the countdown nears to the cut over to a new tax system, OTR reminds Special Event Promoters of important changes. Beginning Wednesday November 1, special event promoters hosting an event with at least 50 vendors must provide OTR with a … Continue reading
Starting on Wednesday, November 1, QHTC filers will be required to complete an online application and attach all applicable documentation in support of the request for certification using OTR’s web portal, MyTax.DC.gov. QHTC Exempt Purchase Certificates will be issued when … Continue reading
In November 2016, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) launched the e-Services Unit. The unit, which is housed within the Customer Service Administration, is responsible for addressing and resolving inquiries received via OTR’s tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov. Additionally, customer service … Continue reading
On Wednesday, November 1, sales and use and street vendor taxes will be converted to the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov. The conversion of these tax types to MyTax.DC.gov will make it simpler, faster and safer … Continue reading
Reminder: Computer System Changeover Starts 9 p.m. Tonight, October 23 for Sales and Use and Street Vendor Filers
As a reminder, the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) changeover to a new agency-wide computer system will begin at 9 p.m. tonight, October 23 through October 31. These changes are being completed as OTR streamlines the process for businesses … Continue reading