- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- New DC Estate Tax Filing Requirements Effective May 2
- Have You Registered for OTR’s Estate Tax Filing Webinar to be Held on Thurs., April 19?
- Do You Owe District Taxes? Make Easy Payments Via MyTax.DC.gov.
- Need Tax Assistance as the Filing Deadline Nears? Contact Us Today!
- File Your DC Income Tax Return Using DCfreefile or DCfreefile Fillable Forms
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: November 2017
As a reminder, effective November 1, 2017, special event promoters hosting an event with at least 50 vendors must provide the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) with a preliminary list of all participating vendors and exhibitors, their addresses, tax … Continue reading
As a reminder, October sales and use payments are due November 20 and must be submitted electronically via MyTax.DC.gov. The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) strongly recommends that sales and use filers sign up for a MyTax.DC.gov account well … Continue reading
October Sales and Use Payments Due Nov 20; Sign Up to Use MyTax.DC.gov to File and Pay Your Sales and Use Returns
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds sales and use filers that October sales and use payments are due November 20 and must now be submitted in MyTax.DC.gov. OTR strongly suggests taxpayers sign up for a MyTax.DC.gov account as … Continue reading
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds you that the new online application process for District of Columbia Qualified High Technology Companies (QHTC) is only required for Sales and Use taxpayers seeking a QHTC Exempt Purchase Certificate (FP-337). At … Continue reading
As of November 1, sales and use filers can file and pay their tax returns electronically via OTR’s tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov. This conversion of this tax type to the portal makes it simpler, faster and safer for sales and use … Continue reading
One of the many features of the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov, is the ability for taxpayers to opt-in to receive their notices electronically and stop receiving notices via US paper mail. By opting to go paperless, … Continue reading
District Businesses Can Now File and Pay Sales and Use, Specialized Sales and Street Vendor/Mobile Food Services Taxes Online at MyTax.DC.gov
This new filing option is a result of the implementation of the third phase of OTR’s new tax system. The District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) announced today that businesses can now file and pay their sales … Continue reading