- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- New DC Estate Tax Filing Requirements Effective May 2
- Have You Registered for OTR’s Estate Tax Filing Webinar to be Held on Thurs., April 19?
- Do You Owe District Taxes? Make Easy Payments Via MyTax.DC.gov.
- Need Tax Assistance as the Filing Deadline Nears? Contact Us Today!
- File Your DC Income Tax Return Using DCfreefile or DCfreefile Fillable Forms
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: December 2017
The new Federal tax law limits the amount of state and local income and real property taxes that individuals may deduct from their Federal income tax, beginning in calendar year 2018. Under the new law, the amount that may be … Continue reading
Reminder: For a Limited Time You Can File and Pay Your Sales and Use Tax Return Without Logging in to MyTax.DC.gov
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds sales and use filers that November sales and use payments are due Wednesday, December 20. As a reminder, all payments must be submitted electronically via OTR’s Tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov. OTR strongly recommends … Continue reading
OTR Shuts Down Multiple District Five Guys Restaurants for Failure to Pay Sales and Use Taxes Collected From Patrons
Today, the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) revoked the sales and use tax certificates of three Five Guys restaurants. The owners failed to pay the District $530,939 in sales taxes collected from its patrons. Revocation of … Continue reading
As a reminder, effective November 1, business taxpayers can apply for exemption certificates electronically via the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov. If the exemption is approved, OTR will issue an official certificate which will include an expiration … Continue reading