As a reminder, effective November 1, business taxpayers can apply for exemption certificates electronically via the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov. If the exemption is approved, OTR will issue an official certificate which will include an expiration date.
Taxpayers must reapply for a new exemption prior to the expiration date on the certificate.
The following exemption requests will require District taxpayers to sign up for a MyTax.DC.gov account.
- Exemption to File (FR-164)
- Utility Exemption (OTR-308)
- Contractor’s Exempt Purchase Certificate (OTR-553)
- Certificate of Resale (OTR-368)
- QHTC Exempt Purchase Certificate (FP-337)
Additionally, OTR created helpful tutorials/user guides that provide step-by-step instructions on how to request exemption certificates via MyTax.DC.gov. To access the user guides, click the images for each exemption below.