- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- Reminder: Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes at MyTax.DC.gov
- Do You Owe District Taxes? Apply Now for a Payment Agreement Online.
- Effective October 29, 8 New Tax Types Will be Available at MyTax.DC.gov
- Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes Online at MyTax.DC.gov
- Starting Tomorrow, May 2 You Can File and Pay Estate Tax Returns at MyTax.DC.gov
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: February 2018
OTR Reminds District Taxpayers of its Tax Return Verification Process to Combat Identity Theft Fraud
Tax refund fraud has reached epidemic levels across the nation. For many years, the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) Compliance Administration has implemented efforts to safeguard, as well as protect the identity and tax dollars of the District’s taxpayers … Continue reading
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) continues to offer District residents the ability to prepare their individual income tax returns online by using the DCfreefile fillable forms. These forms are online versions of the District’s D-40/D-40EZ resident return and … Continue reading
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) continues its partnership with the Free File Alliance to offer taxpayers more options to e-file their individual income tax returns at no cost. For District taxpayers who made $66,000 or less in 2017, … Continue reading
The individual income tax filing season is underway and the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) would like to hear from you! Join DC Tax Commissioner Keith J. Richardson for OTR’s Twitter Tax Chat on Thursday, February 22 from 3:00 … Continue reading
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) continues to enhance its security measures for the income tax filing season to safeguard District tax dollars and combat identity theft, as well as tax refund fraud. The implementation of these security measures … Continue reading
The tax filing season is underway, and the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov, allows taxpayers to be more self-sufficient online. Key features of the portal include: Check Refund Status Taxpayers can check the status of their refund by … Continue reading