- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- Reminder: Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes at MyTax.DC.gov
- Do You Owe District Taxes? Apply Now for a Payment Agreement Online.
- Effective October 29, 8 New Tax Types Will be Available at MyTax.DC.gov
- Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes Online at MyTax.DC.gov
- Starting Tomorrow, May 2 You Can File and Pay Estate Tax Returns at MyTax.DC.gov
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: March 2018
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds District residents that Tuesday, April 17 is the tax filing deadline for individual income tax returns. Residents who are unable to file their income tax returns by the deadline may apply for … Continue reading
Effective May 2, Estate Tax returns (D-76, D-76EZ, D-77 Extension) must be filed electronically at MyTax.DC.gov. Personal representatives will be required to file an online registration form and the Estate Tax return, via the portal, when the taxpayer’s date of death is January … Continue reading
Due to inclement weather on March 21, OTR’s Twitter Chat on the 2019 Real Property tax assessments has been rescheduled to Wednesday, March 28 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. We invite District property owners to join us and submit … Continue reading
Due to inclement weather, OTR is closed today, March 21. We will reschedule our real property tax chat at a later date. Stay tuned to this blog for details. #DCTaxChat
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds District of Columbia property owners who believe that their proposed 2019 assessment does not reflect the market value of their property that they must file an appeal on or before the April … Continue reading
As a continuation of OTR’s Twitter Tax Chat series, we invite District property owners to join our Real Property Tax Administration on Wednesday, March 21 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. for a live Q&A on the 2019 Real … Continue reading
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) would like to remind you of the key tips to filing individual income tax returns this tax season. Following these helpful tips will make the process of filing returns less taxing. Income Tax … Continue reading