Taxpayers who wish to register a new business in the District of Columbia can conveniently complete the “Register a New Business: Form FR-500” application online via the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov.
To register a new business at MyTax.DC.gov, the following information is required:
- Federal Employer Identification Number and/or Social Security Number
- Legal form of business (e.g. partnership, corporation, sole proprietor)
- Business address
- Names, titles, home address, and Social Security number of the proprietor, partners, or principal officers (mandatory)
- Former Entity Information, if previously registered with the District
- Addresses for all locations where sales tax will be collected in the District of Columbia
Need help completing the FR-500? Click on the tutorial/user guide below that provides step-by-step instructions on how to register a new business with OTR via MyTax.DC.gov.
For taxpayers who need to register a business and apply for a business license in the District of Columbia, please visit Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs’s website to get more information about corporate registration and business licensing requirements.
Should you have additional questions, please contact OTR’s e-Services Unit by calling (202) 759-1946 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.