- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- Reminder: Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes at MyTax.DC.gov
- Do You Owe District Taxes? Apply Now for a Payment Agreement Online.
- Effective October 29, 8 New Tax Types Will be Available at MyTax.DC.gov
- Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes Online at MyTax.DC.gov
- Starting Tomorrow, May 2 You Can File and Pay Estate Tax Returns at MyTax.DC.gov
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Author Archives: Kera Tyler_OTR
On Thursday, June 22, from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue will host a webinar on business taxation. If you weren’t able to attend the Business Focus Group Forum in May, this event … Continue reading
On Tuesday, May 16, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) hosted about 25 members of the local business community in a brief forum to discuss what’s in store for business taxation in the District. As OTR strives for accountability … Continue reading
On Tuesday, May 16, 2017, from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., the Office of Tax and Revenue would like to invite District businesses to participate in a forum as the agency gears up to introduce the next phase of the … Continue reading
With less than one week remaining, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds District property owners who believe their proposed 2018 assessments do not reflect market value that the deadline to file an appeal is Monday, April 3, 2017. … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) revoked the sales and use tax certificate of urban eatery Fast Gourmet located at 1400 W Street, NW. Failure to pay an obligation amounting to more than $330,000 of sales tax collected … Continue reading
(Washington, DC) — The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) announced that it has begun to mail Tax Year 2018 assessment notices to all real property owners in the District of Columbia. A total of 198,956 taxable and exempt real … Continue reading
(Washington, DC) – The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) announced that in its continued efforts to combat identity theft tax fraud this filing season, additional verification will be required for selected tax returns. OTR will issue notices to individual … Continue reading