- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- Reminder: Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes at MyTax.DC.gov
- Do You Owe District Taxes? Apply Now for a Payment Agreement Online.
- Effective October 29, 8 New Tax Types Will be Available at MyTax.DC.gov
- Personal Representatives Can Now File and Pay DC Estate Taxes Online at MyTax.DC.gov
- Starting Tomorrow, May 2 You Can File and Pay Estate Tax Returns at MyTax.DC.gov
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: User Guides
As a reminder, effective November 1, business taxpayers can apply for exemption certificates electronically via the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov. If the exemption is approved, OTR will issue an official certificate which will include an expiration … Continue reading
As a reminder, effective November 1, 2017, special event promoters hosting an event with at least 50 vendors must provide the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) with a preliminary list of all participating vendors and exhibitors, their addresses, tax … Continue reading
October Sales and Use Payments Due Nov 20; Sign Up to Use MyTax.DC.gov to File and Pay Your Sales and Use Returns
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds sales and use filers that October sales and use payments are due November 20 and must now be submitted in MyTax.DC.gov. OTR strongly suggests taxpayers sign up for a MyTax.DC.gov account as … Continue reading
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds you that the new online application process for District of Columbia Qualified High Technology Companies (QHTC) is only required for Sales and Use taxpayers seeking a QHTC Exempt Purchase Certificate (FP-337). At … Continue reading
As of November 1, sales and use filers can file and pay their tax returns electronically via OTR’s tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov. This conversion of this tax type to the portal makes it simpler, faster and safer for sales and use … Continue reading
One of the many features of the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) tax portal, MyTax.DC.gov, is the ability for taxpayers to opt-in to receive their notices electronically and stop receiving notices via US paper mail. By opting to go paperless, … Continue reading
As the countdown nears to the cut over to a new tax system, OTR reminds Special Event Promoters of important changes. Beginning Wednesday November 1, special event promoters hosting an event with at least 50 vendors must provide OTR with a … Continue reading