- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- MyTax.DC.gov Going Mobile
- OTR Provides Taxpayers With a New Option to Report Tax Fraud and Abuse; Referral Form D-3949A
- Reminder: Do You Owe DC Taxes? Apply for an Online Payment Agreement.
- Reminder: Paperless Option Will Be Available in MyTax.DC.gov Starting November
- Penalties for Failure of a Qualifying Special Event Promoter to Provide the Required Participating Vendor and Exhibitor Information
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Press Release
The District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) announced today that it will hold its annual public Tax Sale beginning Monday, July 17, from 8:30 am until 12 noon and from 1 pm until 4 pm, or until … Continue reading
The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) announced today that it is offering individual and business taxpayers the ability to apply for a payment agreement online to pay off tax debt owed to the District. The Online Payment Agreement is … Continue reading
With less than one week remaining, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) reminds District property owners who believe their proposed 2018 assessments do not reflect market value that the deadline to file an appeal is Monday, April 3, 2017. … Continue reading
Note: Today, the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia wrote the following press release informing District residents of the scams to avoid for the 2017 tax season. Attorney General Racine Reminds Residents of ‘Seven Scams to Avoid’ … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) revoked the sales and use tax certificate of urban eatery Fast Gourmet located at 1400 W Street, NW. Failure to pay an obligation amounting to more than $330,000 of sales tax collected … Continue reading
(Washington, DC) — The Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) announced that it has begun to mail Tax Year 2018 assessment notices to all real property owners in the District of Columbia. A total of 198,956 taxable and exempt real … Continue reading
Cybercriminals Use Scheme To Access Tax Preparers’ Accounts and Steal Client Information (Washington, DC) – The District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue, the Internal Revenue Service, tax agencies from other states, and the tax industry today warned tax … Continue reading