- DISCLAIMER: This is the official blog site of the Government of the District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). OTR uses this site to provide information about its services and programs to individuals and businesses. Securing your personal and tax information is important to OTR. When submitting a comment, DO NOT provide personal and tax information.
- MyTax.DC.gov Going Mobile
- OTR Provides Taxpayers With a New Option to Report Tax Fraud and Abuse; Referral Form D-3949A
- Reminder: Do You Owe DC Taxes? Apply for an Online Payment Agreement.
- Reminder: Paperless Option Will Be Available in MyTax.DC.gov Starting November
- Penalties for Failure of a Qualifying Special Event Promoter to Provide the Required Participating Vendor and Exhibitor Information
Follow @DC_OTR on TwitterMy Tweets
Author Archives: mytaxdc
In a continuing effort to ensure individuals and businesses comply with the District’s tax statutes, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) has established a new fraud referral form, Tax Fraud Information Referral D-3949A, for taxpayers and practitioners to report … Continue reading
Penalties for Failure of a Qualifying Special Event Promoter to Provide the Required Participating Vendor and Exhibitor Information
Beginning in November, the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) will impose penalties for special event promoters who fail to provide the required vendor and exhibitor information prior to and after the special event. Special event promoters who have at … Continue reading
The District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) announced today that it will hold its annual public Tax Sale beginning Monday, July 17, from 8:30 am until 12 noon and from 1 pm until 4 pm, or until … Continue reading
Note: Today, the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia wrote the following press release informing District residents of the scams to avoid for the 2017 tax season. Attorney General Racine Reminds Residents of ‘Seven Scams to Avoid’ … Continue reading
Cybercriminals Use Scheme To Access Tax Preparers’ Accounts and Steal Client Information (Washington, DC) – The District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue, the Internal Revenue Service, tax agencies from other states, and the tax industry today warned tax … Continue reading
We are now just days away from the launch of MyTax.DC.gov, the Office of Tax and Revenue’s new online tax portal. As we have mentioned, MyTax.DC.gov will make viewing and paying taxes in the District easier, simpler, and more efficient … Continue reading
Online filing and payment options will be limited during the conversion period; customer service centers will remain open The second phase of the Office of Tax and Revenue’s (OTR) changeover to a new agency-wide computer system will begin on October … Continue reading